composed-configuration is a malleable by-reference interface for reading and writing application configuration (think *.ini files). This base package includes a default implementation for INI files but can be extended by dependency injection to use whatever persistence type your application requires (database, XML file, etc.).
Malleable VI Caveats and Warnings
The level of malleablity required for this API only exists in LabVIEW 2017 Service Pack 1 and later. You will find no success using this package in LV2017 pre-service-pack or any prior LabVIEW version.
How do I get set up?
- Install this package using GPM and start coding
- All public API methods are clearly marked in the souce libraries (if you are calling non-API methods from souce, you're doing it wrong).
- No explicit examples provided at this time, but the automated tests located in the open-source repo (linked by GPM) illustrate basic use of the API
- This package depends only on base vi.lib
- All contributions must adhere to SOLID design principles.
- All code must be unit tested to the extent reasonably possible.
- Please contact the author if you want to contribute.
Who do I talk to?
- Ethan Stern | Composed Systems, LLC
All notable changes to this project will be documented in this file.
The format is based on Keep a Changelog,
and this project adheres to Semantic Versioning.
- New method to Preload Transient Configuration (required for unit tests--the main use case for TransientConfiguration--that depend on a configuration object (rather than on an open configuration reference)
[1.1.0] - 2019-04-09
- TransientConfiguration concrete type (i.e. not persisting to disk) for use as a test double in any unit tests that depend on configuration
[1.0.2] - 2019-03-01
- IniFileSection class now writes and retrieves timestamp config as time-formatted string
- Minor cleanups and fixes from static analysis results and adding source code to CI
[1.0.1] - 2019-01-23
- LabVIEW Version number (is actually 2017 SP1, but only major is currently supported)
[1.0.0] - 2019-01-23
This version is shippable. The public API is settled and the test suite provides reasonable coverage.
- Write configuration API
- Full IniFileSection implementation (read and write)
- Initialize/Close Configuration Resource interface methods invoked at reference open/close
- Support for binary data type and defaulting to binary when class provides no type-specific implementation
- Numeric types allowing implementation condendensed to Float/Int/Uint
- Read/Write interface methods wrapped and protected to prevent accidental misuse
[0.0.1] - 2019-01-13
- Type assertion to mostly enforce correct API use (a stand-in for unsupported Community-scoped malleable VI)
- A little project organization and documentation to clarify intended use
[0.0.0] - 2019-01-11
- Everything (Initial publication to test GPM)
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.