composed-lookup-table is a malleable by-reference API for storing and retrieving named values.
Malleable VI Caveats and Warnings
The level of malleablity required for this API only exists in LabVIEW 2017 Service Pack 1 and later. You will find no success using this package in LV2017 pre-service-pack or any prior LabVIEW version.
How do I get set up?
- Install this package using GPM and start coding
- All public API methods are clearly marked in the souce library
- Unit tests (available through the repo URL) provide examples of basic API use
- This package depends only on base vi.lib
- If you want to run the unit tests, you must install JKI's VI Tester (you do not need to run the unit tests)
- All contributions must adhere to SOLID design principles.
- All code must be unit tested to the extent reasonably possible.
- Please contact the author if you want to contribute.
Who do I talk to?
- Ethan Stern | Composed Systems, LLC
All notable changes to this project will be documented in this file.
The format is based on Keep a Changelog,
and this project adheres to Semantic Versioning.
- Table lookup key can be any data type
- Public API method to flatten any value to string key (Only call this method external to Read/Write if you need to leak the flattened key to the caller. For normal use, just wire any key directly to public Read/Write methods.)
[0.0.3] - 2019-02-26
- Writing as variant now skips element type check (previously all variants failed overwrite)
[0.0.2] - 2019-02-14
- All tests and project file excluded from package
[0.0.1] - 2019-02-07
- Performance optimization when deleting an item without type check
[0.0.0] - 2019-02-05
- Everything (Initial publication)
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.